Cyclotricity 250W/500W Mid-Drive eKit 36v/17ah
The Cyclotricity 250W/500W motor kit offers a good combination of strong torque, high efficiency with low power consumption and noise output. The mid drive motor transfers power through the bikes gears, meaning the motor can operate within its optimum RPM range which is ideal for hill climbing.
The unique 250/500W system allows you to have a higher power option where it is safe and legal to do so while still maintaining the ability to use the low power option on the road for maximum efficiency.
The Cyclotricity kits can be fitted to standard bike frames through a simple installation process, detailed in our video guide.
- Mid Drive Brushless Motor (with integrated controller). Restricted to 250W by default as a road legal kit. 500W mode reaches maximum speed of 32km/h once de-restricted (requires a signed disclaimer to derestrict for off-road use).
- LCD Display
- 42 Tooth Chain Wheel + Plastic Chain Cover.
- 2 x Brake Levers.
- Left And Right Crank Arms.
- Speed Sensor + Magnet.
- Waterproof Quick Release Cables.
- 36V/17Ah Bottle Battery (£430)
- Apart from a battery, the above is all that is needed to fully convert a bicycle into an electric bike. All you need to add is a battery (and the optional Throttle upgrade if required).
Things to think about before purchasing this mid drive conversion kit:
- The bottom bracket of your bike will need to be between 68-73mm wide in order to work with this mid drive, you will also need to consider space for the motor.
- The chain ring is 42 tooth so chainline will need to be fairly standard and the chain may need to be lengthened or shortened depending on your bike configuration. Your local bike shop can help you with chain adjustments.
- You can only use this as a 1 ring set up. I.e. if you have 3 front gears, these will becom one. With an electric motor installed, you won't need the front gears.